Monday, August 07, 2006

Things I like about Japan (Part I)

Thing I like about Japan (part 1)

Here are some things I like about Japan (not necessarily in a particular order) as a fitting tribute to the society that gave me an uncommon opportunity.

1. HOnesty, courtesy, and politeness of the people. I guess no society can beat Japan in this respect. I have lost my credit card several times, my cellphone, my wallet, even umbrellas. BUt they always find their way back to me. One time I left my wallet and cellphone on a bus that was going to a suburb town (which means that it would be dark by the time the bus completes its journey). But some kindhearted individual went out of his way to go back and return my things at the main office.

2. The buses and trains are always reliable. They are always on time. They'd be late by not more than 3 minutes if ever. MOre than this is highly exceptional.

3. It is safe and clean here. I go home any time, any day even leaving my apartment unlocked. But never did I ever feel being in danger and never a thing got lost from my apartment. The diamond ring is still sitting in splendid glory on its black velvet case.

4. People always think of the common good. THey always think of others first before themselves--even if it is "rightful" to think of themselves first. IF they catch colds, they wear masks to minimize contaging others.

5. Resilient people. Hardly complaining and very hard working. You wont hear people here blaming each other here.

6.Law-abiding and respectful of authorities. They never challenge their leaders even if they think they have better ideas. THey follow rules even if nobody's looking. In our lab, if our professor wants us to clean, he'll just write it on our bulletin board and the people will gladly oblige without being reminded.

7. People would promptly apologize if they have disturbed you no matter how minor. SOmetimes, they make me feel like I am so rude and uncultured.

8. Clean public toilets with abundant supply of toilet papers. This makes going around and just eating anything easier for me..I love to eat. It is the other side of the equation of going out. However, I tend to get stomach upset when I go out and eat a lot outside. Thanks for the abundant toilte papers, I have less need of going around with complete set of tissue papers and hand sanitizers.

more to go..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home